Rise to Leadership
In every society, leaders play an important role in managing resources, making difficult decisions, leading impactful changes and inspiring others to take action. Everyone has what it takes to lead successfully and make an impact in the world. However, not everyone has the skills to make these things happen.
To enhance your leadership and impact, it's important to create a leadership development plan. This helps you to increase your personal effectiveness, grow in your current role and take on leadership responsibilities in your organization.
The Rise to Leadership program is a live group program that helps women leaders and aspiring leaders to develop greater self- awareness, hone their leadership skills and to position themselves to take up more leadership responsibilities, drive necessary changes and make an impact in our world.
The Rise to Leadership Program is an interactive experience tailored to the needs of aspiring and experienced leaders alike. The Program is developed by a faculty of international learning and development experts, leadership practitioners and C-suite executives. It is a personal development program focused on the most important topics for developing leaders, including creating your personalized career development plan.
You'll walk away with:
- The knowledge of who you are and what is most important to you.
- The confidence to show up as your authentic self.
- A personal leadership growth plan which helps you to grow your leadership and impact continuously.
- Valuable connections and access to a supportive network and community to help you practice your new skills in a safe space.
- A 3-year Vision & Plan to help you clarify your career direction and the future you want to create for yourself.
Module 1: What do you bring to the table? Gifts, talents and skills.
- Define your leadership style by gaining clarity on your gifts, talents and core skills
- Define your set of core skills and explore your real power
- Gain clarity on how best to inspire and influence others using your natural gifts.
Module 2: How do you make choices and decisions? Values and guiding principles
- Uncover your core values and guiding principles
- Write down your value statement and your set of guiding principles
- Own your value, gain the boldness and confidence to make quick decisions regarding your career goals
Module 3: "Where do I want to go from here?" The future vision
- Define your bold vision that clearly defines who you want to become
- Craft your 3-year vision statement
- Make a plan based on the direction and the future you want to create for yourself.
Module 4: Making your vision a reality
- Define your most important career and life goals
- Understand and establish priorities and action plans
- Write down your commitments and accountability plans
Module 5: Your Leadership Development Plan
- Understand the seven critical steps to your leadership growth
- Create key metrics to measure your growth and progress
- Enlist your accountability partners or a tribe of mentors
- Create a plan and commit to becoming a life-long learner
Who Should Enroll?
- Mid-to-senior women executives who want to understand their leadership style and drive change in their organizations.
- Female founders and entrepreneurs who want to balance their business growth with their personal growth and become better team leaders.
- New managers who wish to enhance their leadership and impact and be prepared to take up leadership positions.
- Aspiring leaders and leaders who want to use their position and influence to drive real inclusion and equity.
- Individuals who wish to join a global and diverse community of bold women leaders.
What's included in the program:
- 5 live virtual group sessions each module every other week and at the end of each session, group exercises and assignments to ensure that each session is hands-on and actionable.
- 4 Live monthly mentorships and Q & A with established leaders and role models.
- Self-paced Worksheets to guide you in completing all the exercises.
- Private online LinkedIn Community for interactions with other participants, daily insight sharing, Q & A and supporting one another.
- Certificate of Completion: To be issued by Rise and Lead Institute once all modules and assignments are submitted.
What we expect from you?
- Attend the live group sessions (1.5 – 2 hours per week, twice a month ). If you are unable to attend, recordings will be made available to you. However, to get the maximum out of this program, we strongly recommend that you attend the live group sessions.
- Join the group mentorship with established leaders and role models, once a month. (1 hour, once a month for 3 months).
- Complete the self-paced worksheets and individual assignments in-between the sessions (2-4 hours per week). It is this personal work that will help you improve your leadership and make strides in your professional development.
- Participate in class discussions, sharing insights, ideas and supporting your peers.
- Join the private Linkedin community, participate in discussions and support one another.
- Post questions on the private LinkedIn community when you need help or support.
Giving Back Program
When you invest in your leadership or in your team's leadership development, you're also making an impact in the lives of vulnerable women and youths.
30% of the proceeds go to BIEL Foundation (www.beautyineverylife.org) to sponsor women and youths in the BIEL Entrepreneurship Bootcamp.
Instructors and Role Models:
Our world-class faculty features leadership experts and executives who are recognized authorities in their industries. They share actionable and practical tips based on their wisdom and several years of experience. They are authentic and will share the back stories and vulnerable moments behind their rise.
Founder/CEO of Rise and Lead Women and Rise and Lead Summit
Ebere Akadiri is a Leadership and Business Development Strategist and an advocate for women in leadership.
Ebere, CEO of Rise and Lead, has been described as "an inspiring role model to women" and an influential leader helping women in business to connect with decision-makers and get a seat at the table.
Through her business experience of over 20 years, managing and leading her own company and partnering with major global corporate clients, Ebere developed a toolkit to help women rise to leadership and make an impact.
A VIVA 400 nominee and a recipient of a Rotary Club award for philanthropy, Ebere believes in following her calling, living a life of purpose and leading through generosity and fairness.
Ebere's inspiring leadership conferences and roundtables bring together diverse women in business, together with accomplished leaders from major global brands like Aon, Accenture, Coca-Cola, Google, Uber, Mastercard, WeTransfer, P & G, Insights, United Nations, UPS and many more. Her platform helps corporate organizations to gain insights on best practices to advance women and drive change towards diversity, inclusion and equity.
Ebere regularly writes and speaks about Leadership, Inclusion and Entrepreneurship. She has spoken at various conferences and industry events. Follow Ebere on LinkedIn and Instagram to read her thoughts and insights on leadership.
Ebere holds a master's degree in Management and Leadership from Webster University, USA.
VP, Public Affairs of UPS Europe
Cristina Falcone is Vice President of Public Affairs for UPS Europe. During her tenure at UPS, Cristina has held several management roles in the areas of Product Management, Small Business Development, Customer Loyalty and Public Relations.
Prior to her current role, Cristina held the role of Vice President, Public Affairs, at UPS Canada where she actively advocated on a range of issues, including the advancement and conclusion of the comprehensive trade and facilitation agreement between the EU and Canada (CETA) and advancing sustainable transport policy.
In her current role, she leads the strategy and execution of UPS Public Affairs activities across Europe, advocating for effective policy that benefits European businesses, communities and consumers. She is active in a number of a number of associations and women’s networks including holding the role of Policy Chair and Board member for the American Chamber of Commerce to the European Union and leading the steering committee for the Brussels Women in Trade Network. She is an Executive Sponsor for the UPS Millennials and UPS Brussels Women’s Leadership Development Business Resource Groups.
Cristina mentors aspiring young professionals from a number of countries across Europe and gives back to the community by volunteering with non-profit organizations that provide aid to the homeless in Brussels.
Client Executive Partner Banking & Insurance at Atos | Co-President PWN Global
Sheila is an Executive Coach, entrepreneur and engineer. Having started out in the field of technology with an international consulting firm, she has over 15 years’ experience in the financial, pharmaceutical and recruitment industries.
Her experience in working across these sectors uniquely positions her to coach STEM professionals and teams in developing greater leadership capacity, and to support business leaders in connecting technically complex ideas and innovations to the business strategy.
Sheila works with ambitious professionals seeking a management or board level position, who are committed to taking the next step in their development journey. Highly skilled in clear and concise communications that get right to the heart of the issue, she supports senior leaders in defining and articulating core purpose and personal brand.
Sheila is committed to advancing diversity across all industries, roles and levels. She counsels and coaches executive leaders in strengthening organisational capacity to embrace, advance and leverage the full power of diversity to optimise the creative potential of the business and accelerate growth, and coaches women to step up into senior leadership roles. Sheila is President of the Professional Women’s Network in Amsterdam and a member of the global PWN Board where she is responsible for developing the global strategy.
She is the founder of The Cycling Academy, a nationwide institute bringing together science and professional sport, which is now a recognized centre for thought leadership within the Netherlands athletic community.